Characteristics and uses of abrasive flow technology
Characteristics of abrasive flow process
1. Reliable deburring and good uniformity.
2. The processing process is very reliable.
3. Abrasive flow machining chip smoothing processing, generally only removes trace metals, not only uniform processing, with high repeatability, but also due to the elasticity of the abrasive flow medium, the abrasive grains have a cutting effect on the machined surface at the same time. Extrusion effect is produced, so that high surface quality can be obtained, and the surface defect layer left by the previous process can be uniformly removed.
4. Deburring, rounding and polishing can be completed at the same time in one processing to ensure smooth transition transition, which is beneficial to improve the fatigue performance of parts.
5. The processing has strong versatility and is not restricted by parts, dimensions and materials.
Abrasive flow processing deburring is mainly used in the following aspects:
1. The surface of the parts is polished to improve the surface quality and reduce the surface roughness.
2. Deburring and rounding of sharp edges. Such as valve body, valve sleeve intersecting hole, gear and other parts.
3. Eliminate the replating and heat-affected zone produced by electrothermal processing (such as after electric spark, electron beam, laser processing or nitriding), eliminate intergranular corrosion defects on the surface of electrochemical processing, and remove residual stress on the surface of general mechanical cutting , Improve the surface quality of parts.